Friday, January 11, 2013

Fini Friday! Winging Away!

Hello Hello! 
Welcome to Fini Friday! 
I don't know about you but today has been a full day for me! 
I am very much looking forward to the weekend! 
How about we get started winging our way there?! 
This is the first of the two new creations I have to show you! They are a bit of a riff on the same idea.... 

Title: On Raven's Wing 
Ingredients: metal, silver-plated surgical steel earwires.
This is finished inspiration that started the 'riff', as it were. 
The initial vision was of a longer segment of the black feathers with the silver pair dangling at the bottom. This shorter pair grew into completion first, and I like the mystery the single ebony raven feather evokes! 
Raven is viewed differently in many cultures, yet is commonly depicted as a Divine messenger and associated with wisdom (even if that wisdom is based in deception, illusion or war). 

I wanted to continue to play with those fascinating inky wings, whilst adding some whimsy and light! And the second pair of earring creations was born! 
Title: The Butterfly and the Raven
Ingredients: Glass, metal, silver-plated surgical steel earwires.
 
The butterflies are beads upcycled from a ring found at an antique shop on Walkabout that I chronicled here! Butterflies are often seen as a symbol of rebirth and possibility. 
So, while these two initially seem a very unlikely pair, a Raven's ability to see through illusion and deception and the Butterfly's ability to rebirth and reinvent sounds like a powerful combination! 
These will be up in my Etsy shoppe by Monday!
(By the way, my Etsy shoppe has a few new Creations in it, so click on over and take a look!)

That's it for this Fini Friday!
Thank-you for stopping by for a visit!
One announcement before I bid you adieu!
I'll be on BlogTalk Radio with a Message From the Faeries specific to January!
Tuesday, Feb. 15th from 3-3:30pm (CST, USA)!
Come on over, rest and listen for a bit!
See you Monday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment