Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday & Fini Friday! An Ocean of Possibilites!

Hello Hello!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday and Fini Friday, all in one! I'll be out and about and away from the computer starting tomorrow through this weekend so this post will serve double-duty!
I'll be showing you the loot I picked up on Walkabout this last weekend for the Whimsy Wednesday portion of the post. I found lots of nifty stuff, including tie tacks, keys Swarovski crystals, cookie cutters and more!

Did you see that camera tie tack? Isn't that awesome??!!! And aren't those keys pretty? I intend to paint resin on the tie tacks and perhaps also the keys... though that remains to be seen! The owl and crescent moon cookie cutters will be used to make pendants out of polymer clay and the Swarovski crystals? Well! You'll just have to wait and see! Soooo many possibilities!!! Wheeee!!

And for Fini Friday, I've a finished creation to show you!
Last Fini Friday, I showed you two creations that were in the growing stages and I'm happy to announce that one has grown into completion!
Title: An Ocean of Glassy Calm
Ingredients: hand-crafted Popcap Pendant (hand-coloured and hand-poured non-toxic jeweler's grade resin, sea glass (hand-picked by me from Monterey Bay, CA), recycled popcap), recycled chain, recycled glass, Bali silver, permanently-coated copper wire, anodized aluminum, pewter.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out! It is all ocean inspired... toggle clasp that reminds me of the rope used to secure a ship to the star-shaped Bali spacers on the recycled glass (legend has it sailors would often set their course by the North Star) to the sea glass shards submerged in sea-coloured resin!
And!!! It is now listed in my Etsy shoppe!!
So there you have it mateys! A post to satisfy the treasure-hunter and sailor alike!
Have a fantabulous weekend and I'll see you on Monday!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment