Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Whimsy Wednesday! Airy Fairy!

Hello Everyone!
Welcome to Whimsy Wednesday!! It is the middle of the week and I am glad of it! I hope this week has treated you well so far! As I was adding a few new creations to my Etsy shoppe today, I realized there was a bit of a theme to what I was adding and so I'm sharing that with you today! The main idea that emerged was that of Air and I'll start off by bringing your attention to a pendant I created out of an absolutely gorgeous bit of a Blue Lace Agate geode.
Title: Secret Map
Ingredients: Blue Lace Agate geode, Swarovski crystals, Czech glass, Sterling Silver.

The white veins of quartz crystal wending their way through and around and within the matrix of cloud blue reminds me of a secret map, hence the title! Now if one only had the code with which to crack this secret, the pendant could be the map to.....? We'll just have to imagine!

I have a second pendant to show you!
Title: On the Wind
Ingredients: Polymer clay, non-toxic resin, glitter, sterling silver.

All of this pendant is hand-made by me! I worked the polymer clay into the medallion that you see here, then impressed the filigree star into the center. I poured non-toxic, jeweler's grade resin into the cavity and sprinkled in fine glitter just as the resin was setting. After the resin was set, I wrapped the bail by hand with 22 guage Sterling Silver wire in a free-form style. Every little detail about this pendant was inspired by the element of Air. From shimmering, warm summer breezes to cold gusts that wrap your scarf around your head and everything in between... it is all here, in this pendant, with a subtle beauty all it's own!

And I've an earring Creation with which to finish off this post!
Title: Fill 'Er Up!
Ingredients: Czech glass, Swarovski crystals (White Opal), Sterling Silver

These earrings are reminiscent of an enigmatic bottle in the midst of being filled with a mysterious fluid! Perhaps an Air Sprite is filing her bottle full of blue sky and clouds before departing on her next adventure! Or maybe this is the abode of a Sky Djinn (just like I Dream of Jeannie!)! Adopt these and write your own myth!

Now you know the inspiration for this post's title and the common bond that plays through all of these creations!

Have a fabulous few days and I'll see you on Friday!!
Ciao!
P.S. Don't forget that these and other shinies as well as myself will be at Bellantyne this Saturday from 10am to 6pm. For those in the Minnetonka, MN (USA) neighborhood, feel free to stop for a visit! There will be everything from jewelry to candles, stones to statues and lots of talented folks offering Tarot and other types of Readings, Healings and Services! It would be lovely to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment